The updated proposed Guidebook for Great Communities is available now available here. There is also a new timeline on the presentation of the refined Guidebook to PUD and to the Combined Meeting of Council. You can view the dates here.
In response to Council direction from, these areas have been updated:
- Simplified the Urban Form Categories (UFC) in Chapter 2
- Moved policies from Chapter 3 to the appropriate UFC section in Chapter 2, so they are in the same place.
- Expanded policies that help preserve Heritage assets
- Added direction to incorporate climate change policy in alignment with Calgary’s Climate Resilience Strategy
- Added policy on Low Density Residential to ensure density is in the right place
- Simplified the language so its easier to read and gives clearer direction